To help our blogger community avoid these types of browser issues, we are glad to announce that now BlogUpp has SSL support for the blog widget, so that it can be safely installed on HTTPS websites. Note that we had SSL support on BlogUpp for a long time though, as a requirement for Facebook blog cross-posting to function.
- submit your HTTPS-blog URL at www.blogupp.com for your widget-code to be generated;
- copy the widget-code to your blog (recommended above the fold);
- find in the widget-code
src="http://"and change to
Please be advised to use the HTTPS-widget when required only, i.e. if your blog itself is secured with an SSL. Otherwise, there is little reason to do that. Here are some considerations to keep in mind before enabling your HTTPS blog widget:
- HTTPS-browsing is essential for websites that transmit personal and private information, since it protects data through encryption between the communication points. Whereas in case of web services that share non-sensitive public content, HTTP-browsing is optimal (e.g. most popular blogs do not run over HTTPS).
- Data encryption over HTTPS takes slightly more time and resources; hence you could save both if data encryption is not really needed.
- Older versions of web browsers do not cache HTTPS content, thus resulting in reduced speed of your overall browsing.